We Help People Heal
Imagine, for a moment, your life with less pain, more energy, and positive mental health. What would that look and feel like? What would you be able to do that you aren’t doing now?
At Touch of the East Acupuncture, our mission is to empower you to improve your health and stay active so you can create the life you want and enjoy the things you love to do.
Acute PainAcupuncture alleviates acute pain by reducing inflammation that contributes to pain, swelling and tenderness. Acupuncture also stimulates the release of endorphins, the body’s natural painkillers. By relaxing the muscles surrounding an injury and improving circulation, acupuncture speeds up the healing process.
- Sports injuries
- Ankle sprains
- Shoulder, hip, back, neck, knee, wrist pain
- Recovery after surgery
- Frozen shoulder
- Strained ligaments and tendons
- Spasms (trigger points) in calves, hamstrings, lower back, trapezoids, neck, upper back and sciatica (glute pain), etc.
- Colds and flu, fever, earache and sore throat
- Sinus and ear infections
- Herpes viruses (Chicken Pox, Shingles, HSV1 and 2, etc.).
- UTIs and vaginal infections
There are numerous theories on how acupuncture works to heal chronic pain. One explanation is that the needles trigger the body to produce hormones, which suppress inflammation and pain. Acupuncture is thought to raise levels of endorphins, the body’s natural pain killers.
- Joint pain, stiffness and inflammation
- Back pain
- Herniated and bulging disc
- Spinal stenosis and Spondylolisthesis
- Neck pain
- Headaches and migraines
- Carpal tunnel, golfers elbow and tennis elbow
- Side effects from cancer and treatments
- Post herpatic neuralgia
- PCOS and PMS
- Weight loss
- Menstrual pain
There is a strong connection between emotional and physical health. Acupuncture releases stress, reduces anxiety, decreases symptoms of depression, lessons pain, and improves sleep. By stimulating endorphins, activating the parasympathetic nervous system, and improving circulation, acupuncture is a powerful tool.
- Excessive Worry
- Will Power
By assisting in regulating immune function, acupuncture is thought to treat the underlying cause of disease by reducing symptoms, speeding up infection healing, and normalizing the body’s immune response. Acupuncture works by stimulating specific portions of the autonomic nervous system through selected acupoints, which in turn cause responses in the immune system.
- Chronic sinus infections and bronchitis
- Sinusitis and non-allergic rhinitis
- Lyme Disease
- Thyroid diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Lung and kidneys disorders
- Women’s Health: Menstrual Issues, Hormone Imbalances, PMS, Peri and Post Menopause
- Digestion issues: gastritis, ulcers, colitis, IBS, etc.
- High blood pressure
- Lactation deficiency
- Postpartum issues
- Pregnancy support
- Bell’s Palsy
- Adrenal Fatigue
- Covid Long-Haul Health Issues
Don’t see your concern listed here? Check with us to see if we can help – most likely we can!
What Patients are Saying
“My anxiety, stress and irritability has melted away which is a direct result of working with [Touch of the East].”
“Debi gave me my life ‘back!” Years of chronic back spasms had me in shambles. …Western medicine had failed me. Then I saw Debi… I have never looked back.”